Choosing A Home That Uses Heating Oil
If you’re in the market for your forever home, you’ll have a lot of choices to make – picking the right location and style, for example. But one thing that should definitely factor into your decision is something that is often an afterthought for homebuyers: how the home is heated.
A home heating system will have a big impact on your quality of life: not only will it affect your family’s comfort for almost two-thirds of the year, but it will also impact your monthly budget in a potentially big way.
Here in the Sullivan, Orange, and Ulster County, there are many fuel options available, including natural gas, propane, and electricity. But one option offers unique advantages that other heating options struggle to match: heating oil.
Heating Oil Advantages
Why choose a home that uses heating oil? Here are six important reasons:
- It brings the heat – When it comes to churning out BTUs, nothing beats good old-fashioned oil heat. Heating oil burns 300 degrees hotter than natural gas, which means your home will heat faster and you’ll need to burn less fuel to stay comfortable.
- It’s efficient – Many of today’s oil-fired furnaces and boilers boast efficiency percentage ratings well into the 90s; combine that efficiency with heating oil’s high combustion temperature (see above) and you’ll understand why heating oil usually delivers more heating bang for your buck.
- It’s safe – Unlike natural gas, heating oil will never explode. In fact, heating oil does not even burn in a liquid state – it must be vaporized and ignited under very specific conditions in your oil burner for combustion to occur.
- We’ve got a lot of it – During the winter, high demand for fuel can strain natural gas supply – but that will rarely happen with heating oil.
- It’s a great value – Adjusted for inflation, today’s heating oil prices are about the same as they were in the mid-1970s, making heating oil a bargain.
- It’s eco-friendly – Today’s ultra-low sulfur heating oil (ULSHO) burns 95 percent cleaner than heating oil did 50 years ago. Clean burning fuel also means longer lasting equipment that breaks down less often, so you’ll save money on heating repair and replacement, too.
The bottom line: When considering a new (or new for you) home, don’t overlook the oil-heated gems! Once you’re settled in to your new digs, choose Penguin Energy for low-cost, high-quality heating oil delivery in Sullivan, Orange, and eastern Ulster counties. Contact us today to become a Penguin Energy customer!