With the advent of fall, commercial enterprises face unique fueling challenges. Ensuring seamless operations becomes paramount. Penguin Oil, a trusted partner to many businesses, offers insights into mastering commercial fueling during this season.
1. Forecast and Plan Ahead: The demand for fuel often sees fluctuations as we transition from summer to fall. Predicting your business’s fuel needs and scheduling deliveries in advance can prevent potential disruptions.
2. Ensure Fuel Storage Safety: Cooler temperatures and varying weather conditions demand extra attention to your fuel storage solutions. Regularly inspect storage tanks for any signs of wear or damage.
3. Optimize Fuel Efficiency: With the change in weather, it’s crucial to ensure all machinery and equipment are running optimally. Regular maintenance can help in maximizing fuel efficiency.
4. Stay Informed on Market Trends: Fuel prices can be volatile. By staying updated on market trends, businesses can make informed decisions about when to buy and store fuel.
5. Choose a Reliable Fuel Delivery Partner: Having a dependable partner like Black Bear Fuel Oil ensures timely deliveries, top-quality fuel, and expert advice whenever needed.
Fall presents its own set of challenges for commercial fueling, but with a proactive approach and a trusted partner, businesses can ensure smooth operations. Embrace the season confidently with Penguin Oil by your side.
Is your business fall-fueling ready? Reach out to Penguin Oil for expert advice and service.
As we transition from warm summer evenings to crisp fall nights, the demand for home heating oil surges. At Penguin Energy, we recommend scheduling your fuel delivery early. Here are some undeniable benefits of being proactive.
1. Peace of Mind: Booking early ensures you have sufficient fuel to start the season. You won’t need to worry about last-minute orders or potential shortages.
2. Price Stability: Locking in your fuel delivery can often secure a more stable price, protecting you from potential price spikes as demand increases.
3. Flexibility in Scheduling: By booking ahead, you have the flexibility to choose a delivery slot that best suits your schedule, ensuring minimal disruptions.
4. Ensuring Top-Quality Fuel: Booking your fuel delivery with Black Bear Fuel Oil guarantees you receive premium quality heating oil, ensuring efficient burning and optimal home warmth.
Scheduling your fuel delivery early sets you up for a hassle-free, warm, and cozy fall season. Stay ahead of the curve and ensure your home is winter-ready with Penguin Energy.
Don’t wait for the cold to creep in! Schedule your home heating oil delivery with Penguin Energy now!
As we bid adieu to summer, ensuring your AC system’s health becomes paramount. At Penguin Energy, we emphasize the importance of late summer AC maintenance. Here’s why this time of year is the golden window for AC tune-ups.
1. Avoid the Peak Season Rush: Late summer means fewer homeowners are rushing to fix their AC units. Booking your maintenance now means quicker service and more flexible scheduling options.
2. Prep for the Last Heat Waves: September can still surprise with a few hot days. Ensuring your AC is at its best will guarantee optimal cooling during these unexpected warm spells.
3. Extend Your AC’s Lifespan: Regular maintenance can add years to your AC system. By checking for potential issues now, you prevent long-term damage and costly repairs down the road.
4. Increased Energy Efficiency: A well-maintained AC unit operates more efficiently, leading to reduced energy costs. Late summer maintenance can keep your bills low during transitional weather.
Taking a proactive approach to AC maintenance in late summer ensures your system’s longevity, efficiency, and readiness for any end-of-season heatwaves. Trust Penguin Energy to keep your home comfortable year-round.
Is your AC in top shape for the season’s transition? Schedule a maintenance check with Penguin Energy today!
With the fall season approaching, now is the time to ensure your home’s heating system is ready for the temperature drop. Penguin Energy provides key steps for a warm and worry-free autumn.
1. Adjust Thermostat Settings: As the temperature starts to drop, adjust your thermostat to maintain a comfortable indoor climate. Consider a programmable thermostat for more efficient heating.
2. Inspect Heating Vents and Radiators: Ensure vents and radiators are unblocked to allow for maximum heat circulation. Regularly clean them to remove dust and debris.
3. Bleed Radiators (if applicable): If your home uses radiators, bleed them at the start of the season to release trapped air, ensuring they operate efficiently.
4. Schedule a Professional Maintenance Check: An annual maintenance check is vital. Technicians from Penguin Energy can identify potential issues, clean system components, and ensure your heating system runs optimally.
5. Consider Upgrading Older Systems: If your heating system is over a decade old, consider upgrading. Newer models can be more energy-efficient, saving you money in the long run.
Taking steps now to prepare your heating system can ensure a cozy and comfortable fall and winter season. Don’t get caught in the cold—take action today!
Is your heating system ready for fall? Schedule a checkup with Penguin Energy now!
The shift from summer’s heat to the crisp air of fall requires your HVAC system to be in top shape. As the experts in home comfort, Penguin Energy brings you an essential end-of-summer HVAC checklist to ensure seamless operation.
1. Inspect and Clean Air Filters: Regularly checking and replacing your HVAC system’s air filters can improve air quality and system efficiency. A clean filter can prevent allergens and contaminants from circulating throughout your home.
2. Check Thermostat Settings: Ensure your thermostat transitions smoothly between cooling and heating modes. Upgrading to a programmable thermostat can also help save on energy costs in the cooler months.
3. Examine Outdoor Units: Clear debris from around your HVAC unit and ensure there’s at least two feet of clearance around it. This space ensures optimal airflow and performance.
4. Professional HVAC Inspection: While DIY checks are beneficial, having a professional from Black Bear Fuel Oil assess your system guarantees any hidden issues are identified and addressed before fall sets in.
Regular HVAC maintenance ensures optimal performance and longevity. Use this end-of-summer checklist to start fall on the right foot. For professional assistance, trust none other than Penguin Energy.
Call to Action: Ready to ensure your HVAC is fall-ready? Schedule an inspection with Penguin Energy today!
Follow these helpful tips to prep your home for the colder seasons ahead!
Fall is right around the corner! Now is the perfect time to prepare your home and heating system for the colder months ahead. These simple tips will ensure that your home is in tip-top shape so you and your family can enjoy all of the upcoming fall festivities.
• Replace clogged air filters
We recommend replacing air filters every 3 months to ensure that your system is functioning efficiently. Dirty filters make your heating system to work harder than usual. Since you will be using your heating system more frequently during fall and winter, these filters can become easily clogged with dust and debris. Not only can this increase your monthly utility bill, it can also decrease efficiency.
• Seal leaks around doors or windows
A common way for heat to escape your home is through small leaks or openings around doors and windows. We recommend filling these cracks with an affordably priced caulking that can be purchased at any major home improvement store. You may also want to check your chimney or roof for any necessary repairs, as heat often escapes from gaps in these two areas.
• Seal ducts
Ducts are often overlooked, as they are typically located in the attic or basement. If your ducts are not properly sealed or prepared for the fall season, you can lose up to 20% of your heat. Sealed ducts can help you save a great amount on your next utility bill!
• Clean your chimney
If your home has a chimney, it’s imperative to clean it once a year. A clean chimney can prevent house fires or buildup of carbon monoxide. Common blockages in chimneys include dirt, debris, leaves and bird’s nests. We recommend hiring a professional for a maintenance check on your chimney before winter hits.
• Clean your gutters
We recommend checking your gutters for any debris or leaves left behind from previous months. This can prevent future leaks or damage from occurring during the fall season.
Prepare for colder months ahead! Order heating oil with us by visiting penguinenergy.com or call our team at (845) 343-0009 for Orange County or (845) 791-8000 for Sullivan County.
Follow these simple steps to restart your furnace!
We know how hectic life can get. With a busy schedule, so many of us often overlook routine furnace maintenance. A lack of maintenance can often cause your system to become worn down or even prevent it from running. Are you experiencing issues with your heater? Before calling a professional for help, we recommend following these simple steps to restart your furnace.
1) Check the filter
Prior to restarting your system, you should first check the furnace filter. A clogged filter can often prevent your furnace from turning on. To ensure your system is running efficiently, we recommend replacing your filter every 90 days.
To replace the furnace filter, follow these steps:
The filter should be located in a compartment at the top or bottom of the furnace. Once you’ve found the access panel, you should be able to open it up and pop out the filter. You can then replace the dirty filter with a clean one, (these can be purchased at any major hardware store). After replacing it, don’t forget to close and secure the access door.
2) Check the pilot light
A pilot light is a small flame that remains lit inside the furnace. If the pilot light is off, your furnace will not be able to spark to light the boiler. You should refer to the owner’s manual for instructions on the proper way to relight this.
3) Restart the furnace
After these first two steps are completed, you can now restart the furnace. Set your thermostat five degrees below the temperature in your home. Then, locate the breaker box. If the breaker panel looks normal, turn off the breaker to your heater. If you notice signs of damage, do not continue any further. Give our team a call at (845) 343-0009 or (845) 791- 8000. One of our professionals can assess the damage. You should leave this breaker off for at least 10-15 minutes. After this period of time, you can turn the HVAC breaker back on and restore the power back to your furnace. You can now reset the temperature on your thermostat back above room temperature. This should solve your problem and restart the furnace.
If your furnace has not restarted, you may need help from a professional. Give our team a call at (845) 343-0009 for Orange County, or (845) 791-8000 for Sullivan County. We are here to help!
Cleaning your blower wheel can help keep your furnace running in tip-top shape!
Dirt build-up in your furnace can have a huge negative impact on your heating oil system. Not only does it waste fuel and lower its efficiency, but it also impacts the motor, filter system and blower wheel. To combat this common issue, we recommend cleaning your furnace regularly.
What is a Blower Wheel?
Blower wheels are designed to keep air moving in and out of the furnace. After years of continuous use, the blades can build-up quite a bit of dirt. When dirt begins to clog the blower wheel’s blades, your furnace will need to work in over-drive to keep the air circulating. The heat exchanger is also affected by this, as it will run hotter. This can significantly raise your electricity bill and lower your furnace’s lifespan.
Benefits of Cleaning the Blower Wheel
Cleaning the blower wheel is critical to keeping your furnace running efficiently. By clearing out the debris in the blower wheel, you will begin to experience a range of benefits such as:
1. Extending your furnace’s life span
2. Reducing monthly electricity bills
3. Increasing furnace’s efficiency
We recommend hiring a professional to eliminate any dirt or debris within your furnace. Scheduling regular maintenance checks on your furnace will allow you to reap a number of benefits. If you’re interested in scheduling a routine maintenance check, give us a call at: 845-281-7069 (Orange County) and 845-513-6172 (Sullivan County) or visit penguinenergyny.com .
Give us a call! Our team of professionals is here to help.
Now that summer is in full swing, many of our customers will be cranking up their air conditioning. When turning it on for the first time in months, you may notice some signs that your AC unit is not working at full capacity. Take a look at these common warning signs that your AC unit is in need of repair.
1. Malfunctioning thermostat
If you notice that your AC unit only runs for a short period of time and then turns off, your thermostat may be broken. Issues with the thermostat are probably the most common signs that your AC unit is in need of repair.
2. Your energy bill has increased significantly
It’s common to experience a small fluctuation in the price of your energy and utility bills each month. If you notice that your energy bill has increased significantly, it’s possible that your AC unit is not functioning properly. We recommend calling a professional to take a look at your system.
3. Warm air is coming from the air vents
If you notice that there’s warm air coming from your air vents, it’s time to call a professional. It’s possible that there could be an issue with the compressor or air ducts.
4. Increased humidity
If your home is more humid than usual, it’s possible that your air duct could be leaking or the evaporator coil inside the AC unit is damaged.
5. Loud noises coming from the unit
If you hear loud noises coming from your AC unit, it’s possible there could be parts in the system that are loose. It’s important to get this fixed by a professional right away, as it could cause further issues down the line.
Our team of professionals is here to help! Give us a call at Sullivan County: 845-513-6172,
Orange or Ulster County: 845-281-7069.
Order heating oil with Penguin Energy today!
When purchasing a home, you may be unsure as to which source of heat you should select. The most common forms of heating for homes are electric, gas, and fuel oil. In the North East, many homeowners have selected heating oil as their primary source of fuel.
Take a look at the perks of using heating oil for your home:
1. Large Supply
At Penguin Energy, we have a vast supply of heating oil. You’ll never have to worry about being left in the cold again. We offer 24-Hour Emergency Delivery Services for anyone in the community that lives in Sullivan, Orange, and Ulster County. Our team of professionals are here to help. Just give us a call at Sullivan County: 845-513-6172 or Orange or Ulster County: 845-281-7069
2. Affordable Pricing
Gas and electric have historically been more expensive than heating oil. We focus solely on heating oil delivery, which is why we can offer discount heating oil at a great price. Not to mention, we offer several payment options and budget plans which let you spread out your cost of heating oil over 11 equal payments.
Heating oil burns up to 20 percent more efficiently than gas heating and is up to 30 percent more efficient than heating with electricity.
4. Long Lifespan
Most homeowners using gas or propane have had to replace their heating systems after only 15 years. With proper care and routine maintenance, your heating oil system can last up to 30 years. This will save you a great amount of money in the long run.
5. Cleaner Burning
Over the past few decades, heating oil has become cleaner burning. Along with the major improvements that have been made to oil heating systems to make them more efficient, you can feel confident that when you use heating oil to keep your home warm, you’re doing so with few or no emissions.
Interested in ordering heating oil for your home? Visit https://penguinenergyny.com/heating-oil-delivery/